WHY THIS ONLINE RETREAT?
The COVID-19 pandemic has left many of us isolated, frustrated, and even anxious. Our usual sources of spiritual well-being like temples, mosques, and churches have been suspended or have had services greatly reduced.
5 retreat directors and spiritual teachers from different religions have come together with an offer to help. Distilling ancient wisdom from their various traditions, they share on themes that matter to us during this crisis and our unusual circumstances.
WHY A RETREAT NOW?
Many of us are already in a good place for a spiritual retreat:
- Away from our usual lifestyles;
- Isolated from our normal communities;
- Feeling more irritable and frustrated;
- Sensing our inner turmoil more than inner peace;
- Desiring more balance in our daily lives.
Since our movements are already restricted, spending a lot of time at home, or going for walks in nature, this might be the perfect moment for a simple retreat to notice where we were, where we are, and where we are going.
RETREAT DATES & DETAILS
For 5 Mondays starting this May 18th, 5 retreat directors from 5 different religions will lead you on an online interfaith retreat.
They will share spiritual input from their respective religious traditions on a specific theme each week relevant to our COVID-19 situation, and guide you through a suggested spiritual practice to do each week at home.
- Buddhism: Phra Goh – Buddhist Monk
- Taoism: Master Steven Ong – Taoist Priest
- Christianity: Lance Ng – Catholic Spiritual Director
- Islam: Ustaz Mizi Wahid – Founder, Safinah Institute
- Hinduism: Kathirasan K – Co-Founder, Hindu Hub
- MAY 18: LOSS
- MAY 25: SELF-CARE
- JUNE 1: COMPASSION
- JUNE 8: HOPE
- JUNE 15: GRATITUDE
STAY UPDATED & SHARE
Join our newsletter for interfaith diversity & community-building.
Subscribe to the Being Beings YouTube channel.
Share this video trailer with others in your faith communities with the social media buttons below.