First Week: The theme of Loss
COVID-19 has brought on a sense of loss – loss of life, loss of jobs, loss of identities.
This 1st week, join our retreat directors as they explore the theme of loss, anxiety, and disintegration. The retreat ends with a guided loving-kindness meditation from the Buddhist tradition to cope with loss.
WHY THIS ONLINE RETREAT?
The COVID-19 pandemic has left many of us isolated, frustrated, and even anxious. Our usual sources of spiritual well-being like temples, mosques, and churches have been suspended or have had services greatly reduced.
‘A Dose of Spirituality’ is an interfaith retreat that brings together 5 retreat directors from 5 faith traditions to explore 5 themes relevant to our COVID-19 circumstances over the next 5 weeks.
- Hinduism: Kathirasan K – Co-Founder, Hindu Hub
- Christianity: Lance Ng – Catholic Spiritual Director
- Islam: Ustaz Mizi Wahid – Founder, Safinah Institute
- Taoism: Master Steven Ong – Taoist Priest
- Buddhism: Phra Goh – Buddhist Monk
WHY A RETREAT NOW?
Many of us are already in a good place for a spiritual retreat:
- Away from our usual lifestyles;
- Isolated from our normal communities;
- Feeling more irritable and frustrated;
- Sensing inner turmoil more than inner peace;
- Desiring more balance in our daily lives.
Since our movements are already restricted, spending a lot of time at home, or going for walks in nature, this might be the perfect moment for a simple retreat to notice where we were, where we are, and where we are going.
RETREAT DETAILS & THEMES
For every session, each will share some spiritual wisdom from their tradition for a few minutes, and then a different one each week will guide us on a simple faith-neutral practice we could do at home.
Each retreat episode is a 30-minute recorded video posted on Mondays every week – so you can watch anytime during the week!
- MAY 18: LOSS
- MAY 25: SELF-CARE
- JUNE 1: COMPASSION
- JUNE 8: HOPE
- JUNE 15: GRATITUDE