*Special update: We’re having a special Zoom ‘Reflections’ event this Saturday 6 June! Come and meet others who are also watching these retreat videos and share your reflections. Register now for this special reflection session!
Retreat Week 3
This week, our retreat directors explore what different religions say about compassion and how we can cultivate compassion towards others and ourselves in our lives.
The retreat ends with an invitation to cultivate compassion through scriptural recitation, with an example from the Taoist tradition, led by Master Steven Ong.
WHY THIS ONLINE RETREAT?
The COVID-19 pandemic has left many of us isolated, frustrated, and even anxious. Our usual sources of spiritual well-being like temples, mosques, and churches have been suspended or have had services greatly reduced.
‘A Dose of Spirituality’ is an interfaith retreat that brings together 5 retreat directors from 5 faith traditions to explore 5 themes relevant to our COVID-19 circumstances over the next 5 weeks.
- Hinduism: Kathirasan K – Co-Founder, Hindu Hub
- Taoism: Master Steven Ong – Taoist Priest
- Buddhism: Phra Goh – Buddhist Monk
- Christianity: Lance Ng – Catholic Spiritual Director
- Islam: Ustaz Mizi Wahid – Founder, Safinah Institute
WHY A RETREAT NOW?
Many of us are already in a good place for a spiritual retreat:
- Away from our usual lifestyles;
- Isolated from our normal communities;
- Feeling more irritable and frustrated;
- Sensing inner turmoil more than inner peace;
- Desiring more balance in our daily lives.
Since our movements are already restricted, spending a lot of time at home, or going for walks in nature, this might be the perfect moment for a simple retreat to notice where we were, where we are, and where we are going.
RETREAT DETAILS & THEMES
For every session, each will share some spiritual wisdom from their tradition for a few minutes, and then a different one each week will guide us on a simple faith-neutral practice we could do at home.
Each retreat episode is a 30-minute recorded video posted on Mondays every week – so you can watch anytime during the week!
- MAY 18: LOSS
- MAY 25: SELF-CARE
- JUNE 1: COMPASSION
- JUNE 8: HOPE
- JUNE 15: GRATITUDE
- Follow and be notified on the Being Beings FaceBook page.
- Like, subscribe, and share our YouTube channel with your faith communities and friends!